Tuesday, March 24, 2009
How long does hatred exist between two people or two groups of people or two nations? This is not poetry, but a serious question. How long, for that matter, does love exist between two individuals?
Hatred or love is very momentary, very temporary. I think the 'Fall of Icarus' should have taught us much more - that life moves on, the cycle of birth and death is not interrupted and beings are still eating and shitting, like always.
Surprisingly enough, it is difficult to grab a little bit of 'Independence' and put it in a glass jar, like we do with butterflies and fireflies. We don't know what to do with it then. Instead, we give the glass jar to someone else, someone we think we love and believe ourselves to be self-righteous little saints.
It is time that we wiped the goody-two-shoed-lolly-popped smiles off of our faces, opened our eyes and cleaned the glasses squeaky-clean. There are the bright spaces of the city that we have missed. We missed the circus - the clown with the purple nose, the sad eyes and the tattered clothes, wobbling from one place to another, selling amusements for very little.
This country is mine and I plan to walk through every gate, fix the lights on every dark alley and jump over all the 'topless-manholes'.
So sue me.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
It's early in the morning and I am now in the process of slowly being pinned down by the millions of thoughts hovering inside my little head.
Things that I have learned in life the hard way:
* You clean a little bit of your room everyday - throw away the unwanted, the 'lingerings' or the trash (in other words), your life will be so much easier.
* Never crave for a juicy club sandwich, especially when you have just had your rice, deshi chicken, potatoes and dal.
* Do not fall for the adverts - especially the tearjerker telecom ads that they show on TV nowadays. You still have to pay.
* Time does not stand still. NEWSFLASH: The clock on the mantel - is broken.
* Fairy-tale princes do not exist. White horses do, however.
* There is no such thing as a 'tomorrow'. So start dieting NOW.